DAY 3: Mobile App Coding with Xamarin

Frustrating morning.  PC crashed.  Spent all the time I had in recovery.  Will try again tonight.

—————–

Much better luck this evening.  Implemented a placeholder web service for market listings and integrated it with the Android application. Right now the market values are hard coded but the will be placed in a SQL server database soon.

When I tried to deploy the application to my GoDaddy hosting account I ran into trust level issues that prevented it from running.  I deployed to Microsoft’s Azure platform and it worked flawlessly.  I may be switching platforms.

Next steps will be to tie the webservice to SQL Server and implement the market list interface activity in the Android app.

More to come tomorrow.

Leave a Reply